Thursday, June 16, 2011

New originals!

I know I have been promising to put up some of the new stuff I've been working on, so here we go! Lauren asked me to do some boards for her with song quotes on them.  In the example she showed me, they took a regular piece of plywood and stained it and then just handpainted song lyrics with white paint.  I thought it was cool, but I really wanted color (of course).  So, I tried to do a sort of white wash effect with some poplar boards (very Tom Sawyer).  All I did was mix some water in with acrylic paint and brush it over the wood board with a sponge brush.  After I let it dry for a little bit, I wiped off the excess so that you could still see the wood grain. 

Heres the result:



I have so many ideas for more things that I want to do, so if you like these, stay tuned!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear what ya think!