Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Hey class, wanna get high?"

One of my Communications classes is all about qualitative research methods.  Sounds really boring right? Well, it would be if I had any other professor than the one I have now.  He told us on Tuesday that a local news station is doing a study on something called I-Doser, which is basically a series of sounds that teenagers these days are using to get high.  So, he offered us up as guinea pigs to this experiment (it was optional of course).  Naturally, I had to try it.

Today in class we split up into 3 groups of 5.  Each group went into the computer lab, put on headphones, and listened to 5 minutes worth of bad techno music.  The local news team filmed us and did a couple short interviews afterwards.  Needless to say, it didn't work for me.  I left the room ready for a nap, probably because they turned all the lights off and made me close my eyes.  No one in the class felt any hallucinations or violent twitching, as my professor was hoping for.


Maybe it will work for you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear what ya think!