Wednesday, May 23, 2012

post-grad life = overrated

Let me just start out with a real quick rant..

Did I ever say I was interested in growing up? No. I would be perfectly content living in the Clemson bubble I just reluctantly left behind, for the rest of my life, laying out at the High Pointe pool and eating bagel bites.

However, I have been thrust into the "real world" which, at the moment, consists of my living room couch.  Let me tell you something.  I HATE applying for jobs online.  If online job applications were a person, they would be a 2 year old asking "why? why? why?" 4,000 times in a high pitched voice 3 inches from my ear.  I have half a mind to punch that 2 year old in the face.  Not something I say everyday.

If I upload a resume to your little online application hell, then why do I have to type out everything that is already on my resume into 20,000 little boxes?  Why?  READ MY RESUME.  It has everything you need to know, promise.  If not, leave a little comment section and I'll fill ya in.

Rant over, even though you know I am still screaming at the top of my lungs on the inside.

Anywho, my past couple of weeks of post-grad life has consisted of the following activities:

  1. waking up at about 11:30 (no complaints there) and moving to the couch 
  2. watching Bravo until my eyes hurt, then making some bagel bites
  3. applying for some jobs online (deep breath) 
  4. chipping off all the paint on my nails, then re-doing them 
  5. taking my dog out
  6. chasing my dog down the street
  7. beating my dog (kidding, kinda) 
  8. counting the minutes until my parents get home and I have someone to talk to other than Macon and the Desperate Housewives of New Jersey
Ok, so that sounds a little pathetic.  Listen, Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was the fabulous new professional adulthood of Jena Baird. 

I actually did do some fun stuff this past week and a half, none of which varying from my pre-adulthood life. 
  • I went up to Greenville to visit Cam and help his mom out with the kiddies she watches everyday.  That was the best birth control I've ever witnessed. 
  • Me and Cam went to see Dark Shadows (don't waste your money) and went to the Greek Festival in Greenville.  I ate lamb while Cameron sang the Lambchop theme song.  You can't make this stuff up people. 
  • Cam came back to Charleston with me to spend the week and Memorial day with the fam.  So far, we have watched The Bachelorette, gone to Game Stop at midnight to pick up some game Cam will play for 9 hours straight, and helped my dad clean out my grandpa's house (whole 'nother story about that to come)
Over all, I guess post-grad life hasn't been that bad.  I will continue to fill out annoying online applications and watch Bravo until my eyes hurt.  For some reason, all I can think about is that creepy woman in The Hunger Games ... "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear what ya think!