Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"business casual" on a budget

I don't know if ya'll know, but I'm a magician.  You give me a paycheck, and I'll make it disappear!  Unfortunately, this isn't a good thing.  Right now, I am in the process of interviewing for jobs that I will, wait for it, have to wear clothes for.  I know, shocking right?

Problem is, I barely know what the words "business casual" mean, and the only black pants I own are 2 sizes too small and from the juniors section at Kohl's.  So, I decided it would be a good idea for me to limit my big girl wardrobe purchases to a couple key pieces that I can wear with everything!

big girl "biz cash" wardrobe staples:

1. white pants
but not just any white pants.. skinnies! 


These colored skinnies are cute too! 


2. a blazer
it is so important that this fits right and doesn't look like I am swimming in it
plus, get a color that is versatile (even those these brights are fun!)




3. neutral flats
these are comfortable and can be worn with anything! 
nude colored can be worn with black or brown, silver or gold


Also, a print like leopard has black and brown in it, so it can go with pretty much everything! 


4. universal skirt
it's all the rage these days to have a tight and short skirt in your "going out" wardrobe..
however, we can't have you looking like a skank in the office (#sorrynotsorry)


you can take the skank skirt and put it under a conservative skirt! 
instead of wearing it up to your boobs like you do to go out, 
you can put it down on your waist so that its longer and looser! 




5. statement jewelry
these big chunky necklaces are very popular lately, and I love them! 
also, a big chunky watch can be paired with bangles to dress up any outfit






All of this can be paired with tops you already have in your closet to make a pieced together and trendy "biz cash" look! Now only to get my mom to let me use her card ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear what ya think!