Saturday, July 7, 2012

movin right along

My posts are seeming to be more sporadic lately, and there's a reason for that.  Lately, I have actually had a life, ahem, I mean been busy!  Being thrust into another trial of long-distance-relationshiping is never a fun ride, so I have been riding up and down I 26 more than usual.

The good thing, however, is that I have a lot to fill ya'll in on! Let's make this short and sweet with a makeshift slideshow of events:



I got to watch this little princess periodically over the week and a half that I was in Gvegas.  If at all possible, she's even cuter in person.  I am one proud almost-aunt! 


Then we took niece numero uno to the Georgia Aquarium!  Obviously, I was more pumped than she was. 





Later on in the week we took Macon to the vet and then headed on to Clemson to pay Cameron's rent on the apartment that he hasn't lived in in months.  How could he resist with such lovely roommates such as this? 


All joking aside, we had a great July 3rd with Cam's roomies, shooting off cheap fireworks in their apartment complex and playing Lee Greenwood and Born in the USA as loud as it would go on an iHome.  Needless to say, we had the entire High Pointe population entertained. 


The next day we went to Lake Hartwell with some friends, experimented with some hillbilly handfishing, drank beer and ate Cheese-Its, all very American and patriotic things to do.  Then we headed to Greenville for a cookout with Cameron's close family friends.  They had this lovely 'Merican cow in their yard and a photo op could not be passed up. 

The Lash family put on a huge firework show that was absolutely entertaining.  That was the one moment all day that I had a chance to really think of how thankful I am to live in the country that I do.  Thank you so much to the men and women that get up everyday and fight to keep us safe! 


Now to all things cute and cuddly, like Ford here.  This is my new nephew!  Lauren and Bo just couldn't stand it any longer and drove themselves right on to the upstate to pick up this little tike.  He is named after the great Danny Ford.  If you don't know who he is, crawl out from under the rock you've been living in and remember: you're dead to me.  Kidding, kinda :)


I rushed on home Thursday afternoon to meet baby Ford.  Macon still thinks he is some sort of moving and breathing chew toy, but all in due time.  


Finally, to wrap up a great trip back home, I had to go to the eye doctor this morning.  Turns out that I have an abrasion on my eyeball (that means a cut) due to sleeping in my contacts.  Another thing, it hurts to put saline (salty) solution into my eye.  Shocker? 

Soooo, its the totally trendy glasses you see above for me the next couple of days.  Unfortunate for my eyeball, we are going to the lake tomorrow and these specks just wont do.  Sorry Dr. Bang :o

Hoping everyone had a great Fourth! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear what ya think!